Leeds Presbyterian Church
 
 
Home
Welcome
About LPC
Sermons
Mission
News
Staff
History
Resources
Find Us





Leeds Presbyterian Church, organized in 1821 as Shiloh Presbyterian Church, is located on the corner of 1st Avenue and 5th Street in historic Leeds, Alabama. Shiloh was the first Cumberland Presbyterian Church organized in central Alabama, and the first church in the Oak Ridge Community (now known as Leeds).

The Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley is comprised of over 90 congregations in central Alabama. In the Presbyterian system, a presbytery is a governing body through which power and responsibility are shared and where mutual relationships are built and sustained.

The Synod of Living Waters serves 12 presbyteries in the states of Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee. As a regional governing body, the synod works in partnership with congregations, presbyteries, and the national General Assembly to strengthen the ministries and missions of the church.

The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is 2.3 million strong and includes all 50 states and Puerto Rico.


  8317 First Avenue   |   PO Box 98   |   Leeds, Alabama 35094   |   205-699-8463   |   leedspc@windstream.net send us email